Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween Candy Coma Bark

Just like it says in the name… this bark is candy coma goodness. You might have to call the dentist and set up an appointment before you eat this, cuz you’ll probably get a cavity just from looking at all this sweetness. At least I will.  


It kinda includes everything that says Halloween and for sure everything that says YUM! I don’t have exact measurements on how much of each ingredient was used. I bought bag fulls of everything and then just eyeballed it from there. (I was able to make 2 big trays of the bark with some leftover candy, cookies, nuts & pretzels. You can add as little or as much as you want.) Here’s the list of ingredients needed:
  • Oreo Cookies (more festive with the orange cream, but they were gone when I went to buy everything so I just got white cream.)
  • Pretzel sticks, broken in half-ish
  • Roasted Peanuts
  • Peanut M&M’s (or plain if you want)
  • Reese’s Pieces
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Candy Corn (I used the caramel candy corn because that was all that was left when I went to buy the stuff… it’s only four more days to Halloween and the regular kind was all gone. I would typically use the regular one, but the caramel one worked just fine… it gave the candy that chewy goodness.)
  • Halloween colored sprinkles or nonpareils candy.
  • Almond Bark (or white chocolate chips)
Here are the steps to making the candy bark....


  1.  I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl except for the sprinkles & almond bark. I melted the almond bark. On a large cookie sheet I lined it with parchment paper (could use waxed paper). Then I spread a thin layer of chocolate on the paper to begin binding everything together.
  2. I sprinkled a layer of the candy/pretzel/nut mix onto the melted chocolate layer. Try not to make this layer tooo thick because when you break it all apart later, pieces will fall out, but it is the best part so don’t skimp. A nice moderate layer. =)
  3. Now take the rest of the almond bark and drizzle it over the middle candy layer.
  4. Sprinkle some more of the candy on top to make it look pretty, and finally sprinkle the nonpareils candy on top for an extra pop of color.
  5. Put the candy in the refrigerator to help the chocolate set faster. When it has fully hardened (after about 30 minutes to an hour), pull it out and break the candy into pieces.
  6. Put the candy into cellophane bags and tie it off with some cute ribbon. Done!
The whole process took a little over an hour, because of the cooling time. I took this candy to 2 different activities and both times… everyone was raving! Delish!

It can also be packaged up to give away in a small cellophane with some ribbon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...