Friday, March 20, 2009

Tissue Box...

Also known as the "Mom, I'm Bored!" box....

This box is going to come in handy when Summer comes, but is also helpful on the weekends. Basically how this works... a plain old tissue box is wrapped in paper and then inside, strips of paper are added with ideas of fun things for the kids to do. The activities can include family things or simple ideas just to get them excited about something. And somehow when they pull the idea of coloring a picture out of a box it is more exciting than just Mom telling them to go color a picture.

I used the Walk in the Park designer series paper set from the Stampin' Up Occasions Mini Catalog that will be available from April 1 until June 30, 2009. I used a full 12x12 sheet of paper, plus a little bit extra. The first sheet I wrapped around the tissue box and then pressed and cut the corners so it would lay flat. I had to use a little bit extra for the second sheet just to cover the small parts that weren't covered. Then I used sticky strip to make it stay put. Around the hole on top, I taped the paper down and then ripped the paper away (or you can cut it away for a different look). Finally to cover up some of seams I took a pink piece of paper and made a belt around it. I embellished the back with a button and the front I used the stamp set "Wagon Full Of Fun" from the mini catalog. It was a fun project and it will be put to good use with the kids.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...