Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tom Turkey


Here is my new Mr. Tom Turkey.

I have been trying to collect more Thanksgiving decorations since it is sometimes an under appreciated holiday. I love Thanksgiving. It is a great time to get together as friends and family, there is always FABULOUS food around, and so much fun. Sometimes it can be overlooked with the anticipation and excitement of Christmas approaching. (Kinda hard not to when they start putting up Christmas in September!!!)

When I saw this turkey as part of a RS Craft day, I decided to take advantage. However, the night of the event, I had family coming to visit so I wasn't able to go make it there. I received the pieces a few weeks after the event and I finally painted him the other day and then put him together. I changed some of the original color choices for several reasons.... One simply being I didn't have the exact same colors. Another disadvantage of not making him on the event night is that I didn't get some of the peripheral things that were there. Wire to attach the pumpkin (not shown), and straw to tie around him, plus I think there is a piece missing for his hat like a buckle... looks fine without it, but still. I will still be modifying him a bit, and will post a finsihed product when I am fully done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...