Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Apron {{as modeled by my 2 year old!}}


This is an apron. I promise. Though it looks more like dress on a 2 year old. But I just couldnt get a decent 'self portrait'. So you get this. :)


I've seen aprons like this all over the web, so I decided to make my own. I didnt use exact measurements and just guessed on size. I cut out one square piece of fabric as my base. (the piece of fabric I would sew my ruffled layers on to) Then I cut 3 peices of fabric- (about a 1/4 yd wide) I hemmed them, and then ruffled the top with my machine. I then layered them on my square base fabric. I then used ribbon as the tie. You can embellish each layer with ric rac or any other fun embellishment. This was for a gift, and I knew the person wanted simple. This is a very easy project that takes about 30-45 minutes as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...