Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another small gift...

Here is a cute little bottle that I made to give out as a gift.

The little bottle came from Ikea. Then I used a Stampin' Up Rub on Flower to decorate the outside. I wanted to make sure that the flower wouldn't come off so I used a little bit of modge podge to keep it in place. Then I added some ribbon around the lid with Sticky Strip from Stampin' Up. The yellow grosgrain ribbon (non SU!) that I was using was a bit too bright for the other fall colors, so I ran the yellow ribbon on top of my brown stamp pad to give it a more subtle color. It is kinda hard to see the flower because of the yummy Reeses PB cups inside the jar (probably the best part of the entire gift!)
Then I cut out a flower from one of my Big Shot punches. I used some of my other Stampin Up Punches to layer it and then poked a jeweled brad through the whole thing to give it a little BLING! Used more of the Sticky Strip to attach it to the top of the jar. Then it was ready to go.
This was a card that I made to go with the gift. It is using a retired stamp set. The white flower is embossed on the black paper, then matted with white paper. The design on the brown paper was put on there with a roller. Tied the flower on the card with brown linen thread. Used the paper piercing tool to put the holes in the card and then used a needle with the linen thread to put it on. Tied a knot and cut the strings short. Used a pre-made tag from a box set, rolled it, stamped For You and tied it on with more linen thread.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...